Monday, November 28, 2011

Siti Nurhaliza looks ahead

What say you on the issue below?

Apart from her Malay albums’ success, Siti has launched her first English album. A documentary on her will also be aired soon.

Datuk Siti Nurhaliza

Datuk Siti Nurhaliza

AS Datuk Siti Nurhaliza spoke to the press, 3-year-old Tan Jia Yong, who has a heart problem, was running about happily in the ballroom, creating a minor distraction.

Siti smiled at him and signalled to him to come to her. Tan skipped over towards Siti, who immediately lifted him onto her lap. He sat there gleefully.

You can tell instantly Siti longs to be a mother.

Although she has almost everything she had always dreamt of -- a successful singing career, a husband, and her own line of beauty products, one thing has eluded her -- her own child.

But the singer, who's been married to Datuk Khalid Mohamed Jiwa for more than five years and turns 33 in January, is unperturbed.

"I'm sure God has something better planned for me. It is just a matter of when. Adopting? Yes, I had thought about it, but at this point I still want to try.

"IVF? According to my doctor, there's nothing wrong with me. Maybe 2012 will be a lucky year for me, but if not, then we'll see in 2013. Bottom line is I will keep on trying... who knows maybe someday," said Siti.

In the meantime, she has been kept busy with the launch of her very first full English album, All Your Love, her beauty line, her shows and charity work.

Through Simplisiti, (her beauty product line), Siti hopes to raise RM70,000 from sales so that Tan along with 6-year-old Nur Syahira can undergo heart operations as soon as possible.

Siti is scheduled to attend three meet-the-fans sessions in Kuala Terengganu (Dec 3), Kangar Perlis (Dec 10) and at Semua House Kuala Lumpur (Dec 30), where she will act as beauty adviser.

"Usually, at meet-and-greet sessions, I sign autographs and take pictures. This time, I will be more 'hands-on' where I will act as a beauty adviser. For those who come, I will try my best to help them choose suitable colours for their face and skin tone. I will apply make-up on them too," said Siti, adding that the session will last from 12 noon to 2pm.

Funds from the sale of her products will be channeled towards helping Tan and Nur Syahira. Siti adds that if the money exceeds the target, it will go towards assisting others in need.

"We work closely with the National Heart Institute (IJN) who will help us identify those who are in need of heart surgeries urgently. I plan to make this not just a one-off project but something that we can continue doing," said Siti, adding that Tan and Nur Syahira's operations are expected to be carried out in December.

Siti, who received quite a lot of flak from the public who had claimed that her products were not safe, left for a three-day trip to Korea recently. She took some media members along to show them how the products are made.

"A lot of people have asked me how and where Simplisiti is made. That is why I organised this trip to show how the products are processed. Even though it is made in Korea, I feel it is important for me to emphasise that is is halal," said Siti.

Not content with her Malay albums' success, Siti recently launched her first English album. Produced by her stepson's production team, What's Up Entertainment, all the songs were written and produced by Australian singers Christian Alexanda and Bryan Bouro. Two of 10 tracks from the album, Remember You and I Wait Forever are duets with Sean Kingston and Christian Alexander respectively.

Though her songs in English are hardly played on local radio, they are already on two Indonesian radio charts.

"For a start, I am happy with the album. The whole experience has helped me improve my English. Obviously I want to do better for my next album but the response has been very positive.

"I gave Khalid's son a full hand in deciding the concept of this album because I wanted this album to have a young feel to it.

"Even in terms of marketing too. Maybe for my next album, the concept will be different and more grand," said Siti.

All Your Love is distributed by Warner Music and Universal Music does the ringtone.

If singing in Malay has been a breeze for her, All Your Love provided a new challenge.

"This whole thing has been the biggest challenge as far as my singing career is concerned. I did the album because I needed to challenge myself and I've got to start somewhere. My fans have been very encouraging and that gave me a lot of push," said Siti, who has also appeared in several local English TV talk shows. She is also planning to have a full showcase in English for All My Love next year.

To commemorate her 17 years in showbusiness, Siti is launching her own photo-biography next year. On Jan 11, her birthday, History Channel is expected to air a documentary on her, similar to the ones on Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Tan Sri P. Ramlee, Datuk Sudirman Arshad and Tan Sri Tony Fernandes. A performance at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Dec 31 to usher in the new year is also on the cards.

What are her hopes for 2012?

"To me, health is most important. I hope we all can appreciate our health, and to be healthy, we have to work for it. Once we have our health, everything else will fall in place," said Siti.

Siti trivia
• Favourite local singer?
Black, he is unique

• Favourite local actor?
Zul Huzaimy

• Favourite local actress?
Vanidah Imran

• Favourite local movie?
Papadom

• Favourite international singer
other than Celine Dion?
Jason Mraz

• Favourite international actor?
Fast And Furious hero, Paul Walker

• Favourite international actress?
Kristen Stewart

• Favourite international movie?
Thor

• Favourite songs?
Careless Whisper and Bryan
Adams’ Have You Ever Really Loved
A Woman

• Dream holiday destination?
Bora Bora.


No comments:

Post a Comment